Home > Phase 1 & 2 Environmental Site Assessment
Phase 1 & 2 Environmental Site Assessment: We offers Environmental Services such as Phase 1, Phase 2 and Phase 3 Environmental Site Assessments across Alberta and greater Vancouver area. While purchasing, selling, or refinancing a property, it is very important to carry out environmental due diligence to mitigate environmental, legal, and financial risk. That’s where PRYCO's Environmental Due Diligence and Remediation team can help to assess, manage, mitigate, or remediate those risks. A Phase 1, also known as level 1, Environmental site assessment may help in identifying potential contaminants that may have affected the property due to its past or present use. A Phase I environmental site assessment can limit the purchaser’s liability before the purchase of the property. Lenders commonly require environmental site assessment phase I to limit the risk as contamination can severely devalue the property. We work with Land Developers, Realtors, Banks and more to reduce risk and liability. We Help Our Clients Meet Project Needs With Environmental Reports And Project Design Needs.
Avail Phase 1 or 2 Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) by Prycoglobal
PHASE 1 ENVIRONMENTAL SITE ASSESSMENT (PHASE 1 ESA)
Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (phase 1 esa) has four principal components. A Records, Review B. A Site Visit C, & Interviews D on information and reporting
- Phase 1 site assessment involves a historical search of land titles.
- Phase 1 environmental site assessment also includes a review of historical aerial photographs of the area encompassing the subject property.
- File search of local historical records (fire records, drainage records)
- Visual site review of the property and interviews with adjacent landowners and people familiar with the property, along with the current use of the site by the owner or others.
The phase I environmental site assessment is carried out as per CSA Z768-01 Standards & its report shall document each source of information that was examined in the records review, even if a source revealed nil findings or no response was received. Documentation of sources shall be sufficient to enable the reconstruction of the research either at a later date or by another party. For example, when obtaining regulatory information, the name of the regulatory body and the individual providing the information should be noted. It does not include evaluation or Asbestos, or Mold, which may be present in the older buildings.
An ESA or Environmental Site Assessment should be carried out by a qualified professional who has specific qualifications and experience to carry out the work. The assessor shall be familiar with applicable federal, provincial, territorial, and local legislation and published guidelines used to evaluate the actual or potential presence of contamination on a property.
To request a Free Consultation click here
Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessment (PHASE 2 ESA)
The purpose of Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessment (phase 2 esa) must be determined through intrusive sampling, the presence or absence of CoPC(S) at a site and the type, extent, degree and approximate volume of contamination at the APEC(s). Where CoPC(s) and APEC(s) are determined through an initial Phase 2 investigation, a more detailed Phase 2 ESA involving full delineation of the contaminated area(s) is required as defined in Alberta Tier 1 and Tier 2 guidelines.
Delineation programs must be extensive enough in both horizontal and vertical directions to enable the proper assessment of all applicable exposure pathways and receptors. Delineation is considered complete when measured concentrations are consistently less than Alberta Tier 1 guidelines or Alberta Tier 2 guidelines using the pathway exclusion approach.
Steps of Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessment
- • Phase II environmental site assessment (phase 2 esa) includes in situ drilling, soil sampling, chemical analysis of soil and groundwater to determine the extent of the contamination.
- Detect Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) by PhotoIonization Detector (PID)
- Analyze select soil samples for PHC constituents (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylenes, and fractions F1 to F4) at an accredited laboratory.
- Analyze groundwater samples from each groundwater monitoring well for PHC constituents (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylenes, and Fractions F1 to F2) at an accredited laboratory; and,
- Prepare a report documenting the findings, conclusions, and recommendations of the Phase 2 ESA.
Want to speak with an Environmental Consultant? Call us
Phase III Environmental Site Assessment (Phase 3 ESA)
A Phase III study, also called environmental remediation, normally involves the assessment of alternative cleanup methods, risk management strategies, and costs and logistics. Phase III reports detail the steps needed to minimize human or ecological risk, to perform site cleanup, and conduct follow-up monitoring for residual contaminants, supervising removal of contaminated soil and replacing it with fresh soil. Environmental Remediation is expensive; that is why it is important to do environmental due diligence before buying the property.
Why choose Prycoglobal for Environmental Site Assessment
- Are you looking for the right environmental company whom you can trust? Your property is found to be contaminated, and you are looking for a reliable, cost-effective and responsive company that understands the Client’s problem and comes up with a cost-effective time-bound solution.
- Pryco Global is your trusted and reliable Environmental Assessment Company based out of Edmonton. Whatever we do, we do it right and to the utmost satisfaction of our customers.
- PRYCO is an emerging and rapidly growing environmental consultant based in Edmonton.
- PRYCO is one of the environmental companies providing services in Calgary.
- If you are looking for a reliable environmental company in Calgary, then contact Pryco Global.
- We provide our services as per industry standard and deliver our report on time.
- The quality of our report is of the highest standard where our customer can trust us.
- We follow the latest industry standards and use technology in our work.
- We have experienced staff who are ready to listen and always available for discussion.
To request a Free Quote click here
Suppose you are a commercial property owner looking to buy or sell your property. Before finalizing your contract, a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment is strongly recommended if it wasn’t already madeRead More..
Generally speaking, contamination occurs when years of improper industrial activities have taken place on-site. This could be from unsuitable waste disposal methods or even pollution from agricultural activities. Soil contamination can also occur with the presence of underground storage tanks that leak.Read More..
Environmental assessments are usually conducted to obtain information about the subject property and analyze its historical uses. These steps are taken to ensure that there is no potential for contamination.Read More..
Environmental assessments are an essential step during any financial transaction of a property. Phase I ESA reports are usually required to determine the preliminary environmental liabilities associated with the subject property.Read More..